Since its arrival at The Entrance in 1930, this historic carousel has delighted our young and old. Arriving in Australia from France in the early 1900s, the carousel has seen a number of owners and is now part of the National Trust classified Haas Family Carnival. It was built in the late 1800s in Germany and originally powered by a pony but was then converted to steam at the turn of the century. It remained steam driven until the 1950s when an old chev. engine was installed and in the 1970s it was converted to electricity. The historic carousel is situated along The Entrance waterfront and is accompanied by other amusement rides that will keep the children entertained. It opens to the public weekends and school holidays. For further information contact: 0414 581 001.