Our beaches within The Entrance are pristine and uncrowded, making a swim or surf outing an enjoyable experience.
We have many patrolled beaches along our coastline including:
Lakes Beach - Facilities: toilets, carpark, cafe.
Soldiers Beach – Facilities: toilets, carpark, cafe.
The Entrance North – Facilities: toilets, carpark.
The Entrance – Facilities: toilets, ocean baths, cafe, street parking.
Toowoon Bay – Facilities: toilets, BBQ area with playground, cafe, carpark.
Shelly Beach - Facilities: toilets, cafe, carpark.
Beach wheelchairs are available at the Lakes beach & Toowoon Bay beach.
When swimming at the beach make sure you:
- Always swim between the red and yellow flags.
- Read and obey water safety signs.
- Check swimming conditions and water depth before swimming, never dive in head first.
- Swim under supervision or with a mate, don’t go in alone.
- Never swim directly after eating or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Learn how to recognise rips and keep clear of them. If in difficulty: stay calm, float with the current, call out for help and raise your arm if help is nearby.
Australia has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world. Beach users should always:
- Avoid direct exposure from the sun’s rays between 10am and 2pm.
- Wear protective clothing such as hats, sunglasses and long sleeved clothing.
- Use 30+ sunscreen on exposed skin and stay under shelter whenever possible.
So don’t forget to Slip, Slop, Slap and Wrap!
Slip on a shirt, slop on sunscreen, slap on a hat and wrap on the sunglasses!
For more information on sun, surf and safety visit www.wyong.nsw.gov.au